Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello 2011 - Hello Honeysuckle?


Planning a bash, dinner party, or fundraising event this year? Pantone has released their official color for 2011 - Honeysuckle.

My first reaction is, where did they get this name from? When I think honeysuckle, I think more orange-yellow tones...this one is clearly in the red/pink family. For those that don't know what Pantone is, they are the company that sets the standards in colors for printing, fashion, paints, and such. They have been around for over 45 years providing designers in all areas with the leading trends on color.

Personally, I'm still tied to the previous 'color of the year' which was turquoise with pops of orange here and there. We are still seeing this in trends in this spring's interior designs, so maybe I'm not the only one who is still tied to it?

There is something that is seems very blossoming to Honeysuckle which is why I think its a great accent color. It can be incorporated into your centerpieces, or maybe as your napkins. But I wouldn't go blasting a room with this. It is a VERY vibrant and strong color. So, if you are going to use it in the masses, you will be making a strong impact. This could definitely make a statement on your invitations. Or maybe for your bridesmaid dresses. I think it would be paired well with something in the orange family if you are doing a summer event, or even with silver if you are going for a more girly-chic motif.

I'm not sold yet, but maybe it is because I'm still tied to the blue tones of 2010. ;)

Check it out: http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?pg=20824&ca=10

No comments:

Post a Comment